About The NOTODDEN FILM CONFERENCE
Sørnorsk Filmsenter, in collaboration with Telemark Film and Norway Communicates AS, with support from Vestfold and Telemark, and Agder counties and the municipality of Kristiansand municipality invite you to join us in a national film conference in Notodden, Norway.
Keynote speakers include Steven Van Zandt (Lilyhammer, Sopranos), NRK Drama Director Ivar Køhn, Knut Inge Solbu (Producer of the award-winning program Rådebank), Ian Brodie (Lord of the Rings, Birkebeineren, The Heavy Water War), Marianne Furevold-Boland (the hit programs Lykkeland og SKAM) and others.
Two days of keynotes, debate, discussion, socializing and networking - and the film screening of the documentary Bluestown Rising.
Norwegian will be the working language for this event with the exception of our international speakers who will present in English.
This marks the debut of an annual spring tradition in Notodden. Save your spot at the Notodden Film Conference, hosted by the Municipality of Notodden, the Gateway to the Wild Telemark.
Notodden is the host municipality and Telemark Film, together with Norway Communicates AS, is responsible for organization and implementation.
Topics will include:
• How can a sustainable film cluster in a city or region be developed, and are there any success stories?
• What can a city or region do to be best prepared if a film company wants to film there?
Film as Regional Development
• How can local businesses benefit better from film activities?
• How can a city or region develop services among the local population that prepare them to contribute
to different aspects of a film project?
• How can Norway learn from the film tourism effect of Lord of the Rings?
• The film industry is much more than "light, camera, action", it is also economics, architecture, logistics, design, sales, food service, hotels, accommodation, etc.
• Economic ripple effects and opportunities in the mentioned business sectors.
• How can the regional film activities Norway work together for the benefit of all?
• What funding opportunities exist for developing film clusters in cities and regions?
• Future opportunities in film technology - we have only seen the beginning.
• Norwegians who have managed to create a new technological film universe.